Monday, August 16, 2010

The constipation conversation.

It was bound to happen eventually.

While the body is still adjusting to life post-lap-banding, things in the downstairs department aren't exactly status quo for a while. 

Of course, it doesn't help when you throw an entire box of instant mashed potatoes into your body in the course of two days.  (See earlier post).

No siree, that doesn't help at all.

Although they tasted mighty good (and were COMPLETELY off my food plan, in case anybody gets any bright ideas), there has been no movement in the bowel department in as many days. 

Not a squeak, a rumble or a warning of things to come.  Dead silence, down there. Does this mean I'm all "binded up"?  Have the potatoes cemented into a beastly bowel blockage? 

More importantly, am I going to DIE?

I'd have thought today's walk would have jostled things up, but no.  Added Benefiber to my shakes and Crystal Light today and still nothing. 

There is a big, obnoxious, medicinally blue bottle of Milk of Magnesia sitting on my bathroom counter.  I'd hoped the thing would sit unopened gathering dust, but if tomorrow morning comes and there's still no sign of life where there should be, I'm breaking it open.

Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment