Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The devil made me do it.



I decided for myself that it was OK to try non-pureed food today.  (Oh no wait, the devil decided it, and then he persuaded me.  He's wily like that).





Come to find out, there's a reason why you aren't supposed to advance yourself to the next phase of the diet without being given the OK to do so. 

The truth is that no matter how fine a paste I think I have mashed that chicken to in my mouth, it's not as smooth as it would have been pureed.  So it's just sitting unhappily in my stomach.  Sure, it went down fine.  But I'm finding out that just because something goes down fine past the band doesn't mean it's going to be good for me once it hits my "second" stomach.

Feels like a golf ball is banging around down there!  How I would know what a golf ball banging around in my belly feels like I can't say, but it does.

And it sucks.

Now I have to wait longer to take my walk, because if I start doing my walking with this discomfort, it's going to turn to crampy pain. 

I hope I learn something from these little rebellions.  Otherwise they're just another form of beating myself up, and I don't need any help in that department!


the fine print:  I am PMS-ing, which exhausts me and makes me testy.  Maybe I was just too lazy to clean my blender and throw the chicken in there?

Nah, that couldn't be it ...


No comments:

Post a Comment