Sunday, August 15, 2010

Is it chili in here, or is it me?

I was interested to read over at Melting Mama that chili (pureed, of course) is commonly a first choice foray back into the land of solid food for post-WLS patients.  

It's got lots of protein, packs a flavorful punch (depending on how zesty you like it -- or not), and purees up real nice.  

Yes, you're welcome to say "reeeaaal niiiiiice" with a Southern accent, like I do. 

Plus, it's economical!  If you're eating just a few tablespoons at a time, you'll get several meals out of it.  Your friends and family will be green with envy.

So -- it's 4:35 in the afternoon and I've just had some.  Now I'm dying for some water.  Of course. 

Aside from my protein shakes, it's all the food I've had today.   Giving the old and new stomachs a rest after yesterday's Titanically sized portions of instant mashed potatoes, which amazingly did no apparent damage beyond stretching my old stomach to the point of soreness. 

Hmmmm ... no restriction there.  Point taken.

I think I may be entering the gates of bandster hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment