Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh shut up, skinny bitches.



As someone who has known life (I use the term loosely) as a 350 pound woman, I can safely say that the whining of size twelve women who are dying to be an eight or a six sounds like so many mosquitoes on crack.

(In other words, annoying).




How has our culture coerced us into this hive-mind type of mentality where if we are not underweight we are grossly overweight? 

(I'm pointing the finger at you, Vogue.  As long as I have loved you, you are a skinny bitch and it's SO over between us).

If your bone structure and genes dictate that you are healthiest at size twelve, for example, then dieting and exercising to stay at a setpoint below that is working against nature.

(And it's probably making you bitchier to be around, too!   Nobody wants to say it to your face, but it may well be true).

If you are at a ten or a twelve and not of a clinically anorexic mindset, I'd be happy to share my size 26/28 castoffs so you can step inside of them and realize how InSaNe it is to think that size twelve is "big".

to wit:

Crystal Renn, Size 12 supermodel!

Read the New York Times article "Triumph of the Size 12s", 1/13/2010

If and when I ever get back into a size twelve, I hope to God I don't sound like a skeeter, but if I do would somebody please tell me to knock it off?


No comments:

Post a Comment